Friday, July 13, 2007

I am NOT single....

i am not single because i want to be…trust….

i am single because it’s not that i can do bad by myself, but because i can do BETTER by myself…

i am single because when you tell me that you are not ready to be in a relationship with just one person and then proceed to show me…i will believe you…

i am single because i will take the facts at face value and realize that i love myself enough to be true to myself and know that MY value and worth exceeds my need to be with someone simply because i want to say that i am with someone…

i am single because i have not been LOOKING for the right person or trying to force the wrong person to be right or waiting for the wrong person to change in the right one or trying to make a relationship fit just because he was the next man to come around the corner…

i am single because i have learned enough about the game of life to see through the games that players play and because i choose not to be a part of your rotation or your staff of volunteers or a first round draft pick down for your team or a philly in your stable…

i am single because sometimes it is okay to be that…because i had to be single to learn that i must live a life outside of coupledom…even when i am in a couple…

i have learned that i am not defined by the relationships in my life…that i am not just so and so’s girl, or his woman, or his wife, or his whatever…

i have learned that all by myself i am a complete creature…not needing another individual to make me happy…but joining with another individual who will inspire me to climb to greater heights, realizing that forever takes forever and with whom i can come to know joy intimately….

Came says "Being single is just a state of being. I think..being couple.......well what you think?"

No comments: